• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Online Review Site

luka

Feb 1, 2019
Hi guys I'm looking for some advice really.

I'm hoping to create some small website that can gain reviews from clients. For example you go into a salon and the client gets a unique email to a URL which allows them to rate the salon and the stylist. That information is then fed back to a SQL server and stored. Kind of link a tripadvisor for hair salons.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to go about this. I'm hoping there is a ton of Wordpress plugins that I haven't found which can do the job.

Could anyone give me any advice on what path to start looking, I'm guessing something in C# with a SQL in the background but its the web side of thing which I'm stumped on.

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Luke

Hi guys I'm looking for some advice really.

I'm hoping to create some small website that can gain reviews from clients. For example you go into a salon and the client gets a unique email to a URL which allows them to rate the salon and the stylist. That information is then fed back to a SQL server and stored. Kind of link a tripadvisor for hair salons.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to go about this. I'm hoping there is a ton of Wordpress plugins that I haven't found which can do the job.

Could anyone give me any advice on what path to start looking, I'm guessing something in C# with a SQL in the background but its the web side of thing which I'm stumped on.

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Luke
Hello @luka,

No need to get into SQL and unnecessary hours of hard work for something so small, use this plugin, it should do the trick :)

Plugin

Thank You @Jano

Do you know if there is another plug in to export the reviews from the plugin so they can used on Facebook etc?

I do not know of review plugins that would do that. For the reviews to be posted to Facebook using their API the (Reviewer) would have to login using his or her Login credentials. I know there are plugins for people to make their account on WordPress using their Facebook login but not vise-versa. Facebook would need some way of know all these reviews weren't just fake reviews and spamming the system. The best thing to do is use a Google Review or Facebook Review plugin and be done with it. Hope this answers your question.

P.S. To be honest I do not trust review sites at all. Yes I have reviews for my business, and I know they are real because I deal with them face to face, but you go to eBay and there are plenty of people willing to waist their time to write fake reviews. Just saying :giggle:

Reactions: luka
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock