• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Do I require a manage vps?

yowan

Dec 8, 2018
Hi guys,
I have developed and run tens of websites of various shared hosting services. The latest I tried is verpex but the hosted website is still not fast enough (though webp optimised images and wp rocket). So I'm planning to move to a VPS but I'm do not have experience with linux server administration, so I'm wondering how complex it is to manage a vps running a wordpress website on my own.
Do I need to go for a managed vps plan which is very much costly ? Which vps do you recommend
Thanks for your answer

If you don't have plenty of free time to learn everything, managed VPS is preferred. You don't need very expensive one, go for the lowest one with minimum 2 Cores and 4 GB RAM. Any lower one may be insufficient to handle enough site load.
any recommendation?

If you don't have plenty of free time to learn everything, managed VPS is preferred. You don't need very expensive one, go for the lowest one with minimum 2 Cores and 4 GB RAM. Any lower one may be insufficient to handle enough site load.

Completely agree with that.
However, if you can take few times to "spare", you can take one unmanaged VPS on the side, and try few websites inside this VPS to see how it goes for you.
I started like that, and with time and experience, I'm handling fine all the vps, even I'm not a sys admin.
2 things to take in consideration :
  1. take a vps from a large vps provide to avoid any issues you can't handle (use Digital Ocean or vultr, there are rock and perfect for the pricing (don't go with cheaper solution !)
  2. use a control panel like hestiaCP (it's like cpanel, but it's free). You can handle everything (DNS, domain managed, email....)
  3. use cloudflare for ddos protection

Reactions: Pixelate and yowan
manage vps is to expensive, maybe yout should try to learn how to setup vps like me, first time i never touch vps before and i see youtube to learn how to setup, its easy. i use vps 3 years on racknerd.

You Can use Serverpilot if you want 5 + 06cent per website USD a month buy Unamanage VPS,
If you want free use of HestiaCP, Cyberpanel is good for beginners.

But you need some basic knowledge like allowing your Static IP not dynamic to access your server admin, if you don't need Email then Block all Port and allow only 80,443

Last edited:
First of all, "managed" hosting doesn't need they will help you with everything you need. They will help you when there's a serious issue on the server, such as server being irresponsible, firewall malfunctioning, certain services not working, etc. They will not help otherwise, so you'll either need to learn yourself, or hire a freelancer like me.

Hence my suggestion will be get unmanaged VPS, and use WHM/cPanel. You'll be able to do 90% of the system administration tasks through WHM, moreover cPanel support will help you when needed as well.

Managed VPS is the good option if you dont know the basics. I can also offer my services of managing a server. You can opt for any vps and I will setup and manage the server. DM me if interested

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock