• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

[Help] Can I change the behaviour of my domain?

YashAkheniya

Aug 8, 2020
I just want to know if I can change my domain record to behave the way I want it to.

Here is my full concept:

Suppose I purchased a domain (mydomain.xyz) from Godaddy and had it hosted by Hostinger.

Now I want my (mydomain.xyz) domain to work as (mydomain.com). I am sorry, but I don't know how to pronounce technically this exact process, but is it possible so that whenever I share a link to my domain (mydomain.xyz), it automatically redirects to mydomain.com? I know I can do it by purchasing another domain and redirecting it, but I just want to learn this routing or something.

If you know about this process, please share your thoughts or resources or articles(if you have). Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much for your valuable time spent reading this thread.

if you own the domains mydomain.xyz and mydomain.com

then all you need to do is set up a 301 redirect from your domain panel or within the .htaccess
you can use soothing like this
Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(?:www\.)oldsite\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^http://newsite.com%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

Reactions: Tuton
if you own the domains mydomain.xyz and mydomain.com

then all you need to do is set up a 301 redirect from your domain panel or within the .htaccess
you can use soothing like this
Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(?:www\.)oldsite\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^http://newsite.com%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]
Thanks @Proxybunker for the technic, but as I have mentioned, I don't want to redirect to an actual new domain; I just want to perform with only one domain.

then your post makes no sense
as you say you want to and I quote
( but is it possible so that whenever I share a link to my domain (mydomain.xyz), it automatically redirects to mydomain.com? )

if you have only purchased the XYZ domain and not the .com the answer is no it can not be done

I was just curious because, from what I know, I can change my xampp localhost to a custom domain name (here is a reference link), so I just want to know whether it is possible on hosting or not.

yes when you are working within the .loc space within your own local environment you can pretty much set any domain you want as its only accessible within your local area network your home router

when you start to take about live domain names or ICANN
there is a lot of security in place to stop users from spoofing domain names so let's say you own
babia.to but you want to use babia.tom

then you will have to buy all the top-level domains that you will need for your domain name for example
babia.to.uk
babia.tom
babiato.org
babia.to
and so on

hope that helps

Yeah, man, I was going in the wrong direction. Thanks for the response; I really appreciate your method of explanation. 🙌

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock