• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Help on VPS

nurdidy

Aug 21, 2018
samtega.us
Hi guys
Please i need your experienced help on this

I want to have a website for books and i want those books to be stored in same website,For books with size of 1mb to 300 mb. which size of RAM,cpu and storage will be suitable for vps to make this site load fast and smoothly?

I used to store them in google drive as i have unlimited account but many are facing issues during downloads,i dont like it

Hey,

You can use digital ocean spaces or aws s3 for storage of books.

Storing on the same server is not a good idea.

If you are storing on other servers 2 GB ram is okay with decent traffic.

Reactions: whitebee
Hey,

Thank you,i have VPS with RAM of 16gb and cpu of 6GB with 400gb stoage

Reactions: rajababu3
Hey,

What if
You have such a great specs, so why not test it out first on your own server? If it become slow, use solution by @rajababu3

I think AWS S3 is the best for file hosting.
Thanks alot, i will do that and what if i decide to create another site with file hosting scripts? I mean to use file hosting script as storage and use links to second website where i will be publishing those books

Reactions: whitebee
I think if you want your site to load faster, separating them on different server would be the best idea, one for website access, one for file downloads.

and If your VPS is cloud VPS + CDN, I think that would be no problem for turning it into a file hosting as it would also serve files faster that way.

Also, the definitive factor would on how many traffic you are getting to your website. If it's not a busy one, I think your high-end server could hand both on the same server. If it's a busy one, then you know what to do :LOL:

Just my 2 cents with my limited knowledge with web hosting :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: nurdidy
Hi guys
Please i need your experienced help on this

I want to have a website for books and i want those books to be stored in same website,For books with size of 1mb to 300 mb. which size of RAM,cpu and storage will be suitable for vps to make this site load fast and smoothly?

I used to store them in google drive as I have unlimited account but many are facing issues during downloads,i dont like it

It really depends on the traffic you're expecting on your website.
What I would begin with for a reasonably busy file-sharing website would be:
1. Host the web site on a VPS (4G RAM would be enough)
2. Host the files on big-storage VPS
3. Use a CDN like Cloudflare so the books are cached at the proxy level.

Of course you can go the AWS S3 route but it can get costly if you have a big amount of books to share.

It really depends on the traffic you're expecting on your website.
What I would begin with for a reasonably busy file-sharing website would be:
1. Host the web site on a VPS (4G RAM would be enough)
2. Host the files on big-storage VPS
3. Use a CDN like Cloudflare so the books are cached at the proxy level.

Of course you can go the AWS S3 route but it can get costly if you have a big amount of books to share.
Thank you alot,I think this would be useful

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock