• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

How to find clients as a designer?!

hamzaaaah

May 29, 2021
I am a Graphics and Web Designer with over two years of experience. I have tried to get on freelancing platforms such as Upwork and Fiverr but I just can't find any clients from there. Before you jump on to saying that it may be because my work is "sh**", quite humbly, think again. You can have a look at what I do from my portfolio at @hamzadoesgraphics on Instagram. My question is directed at those who are already running SMMAs or are freelancing to the point they are earning good; how do you specifically get clients?

You only have 9 post and 2 reels on insta post

make atleast 30 to 40 post for display

Do you have any other portfolios?

If not you need to work on building creative graphics as portfolios first

Approach existing agency for small projects at low cost, they outsource small works ; with this you can makeup your profile

Offer anything specific on fiverr at eye catching price at very low price
you can change this after getting few orders

Ex:

3 Minimalist Logo at $
5 t shirt design at $

This is how you will get orders when you are starting as newbie as freelancer

Last edited:
You only have 9 post and 2 reels on insta post

make atleast 30 to 40 post for display

Do you have any other portfolios?

If not you need to work on building creative graphics as portfolios first

Approach existing agency for small projects at low cost, they outsource small works ; with this you can makeup your profile

Offer anything specific on fiverr at eye catching price at very low price
you can change this after getting few orders

Ex:

3 Minimalist Logo at $
5 t shirt design at $

This is how you will get orders when you are starting as newbie as freelancer
I have tried to approach some by searching design agencies on Google and trying to email them but had no luck. Do you have any way you single out existing agencies and approach them?

Before you jump on to saying that it may be because
because of your attitude. I know, New Year, be better and so on. But respect and clients are earned. By hard work. And reciprocity.
As long as you go in someone's house and start questioning without even saying hi only shows lack of respect. And this kind of attitude only reflects in your daily interactions.

freelancing to the point they are earning good
As I said before is by hard work. And perseverance. And promotion. And not selling yourself like a cheap wh...e.
Take a piece of paper and write down:
- This is what I am.
- This is what I know.
- This is what I want.
- This is my value.
- This is how I achieve my goals.

Then complete the list with actual answers. Then work hard again and make yourself known. Bid. Expose your work. Do a video or two about how you do stuff. Promote them. Go to sleep and rest. Wake up and do it again.

Edit: these things aren't achieved over night. It could take days, weeks. Don't despair. Just do your routine every day. And you'll see results. Back in the days when rentacoder was born took me 20 days to actually be awarded with my first project. But that one became a long term relationship and from there other projects were taken.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I have tried to approach some by searching design agencies on Google and trying to email them but had no luck. Do you have any way you single out existing agencies and approach them?

Google - "graphic designer + city name" you will get google business profiles

Make a resume with experience with graphic software

Call them and tell looking for intern opportunity or pay per project basis if interested they will ask for resume

Google for commercial printing / flex banner printing company - local small business depends on them for creative works, you can learn a lot by working with them

For freelance platform

lets consider this scenario a project that receives 20 bids from freelancers including you

out of 20 people - 10 ppl have good profile standing with reviews, bid with high price, 5 ppl have average profile possibly bid for less , 5 ppl don't have any reviews or done previous work in site bid less / high

The person hiring have two options either give opportunity and pay less / high by hiring newbie or just go with experienced person to avoid hassle

So you need understand the above situation built your profile with portfolios so the person hiring may consider the proposal

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Ross
Generally the best idea is to create a Fiverr gig, and give 10 or 12 free gigs for reviews.

After that you can create a huge portfolio and move to other places.

i am a Web designer and graphic designer with over 10 years experience and no need to explain more about myself, just want to say i know your problem, and i found some ways to fix it.
the first problem is, in the internet world, most people know technology, and there are a lot of website designers, that means if you post a thread here and say I want a website designer, hundreds of people come and say we can help you.
I have 3 solutions for you. create an ecommerce website for yourself, and use your knowledge to make it unique and make money, you are a designer but you don't have make money directly from design service. make a business and get help from your knowledge as a tool.
if you want sell website design, sell niche targeted , for example be professional in restaurant website design, it will more targeted and can get more customer.
and last solution, is get customers from real world!! Most people in real world, in your city have not website, and can't trust people on the internet, so go to them, show your portfolio, tell them what will they get if they have website and because they can see you , they will pay you much easier. most people on the internet know wordpress, wix and ... , your competitors are multi-million companies, so its better to get customer in real world

because of your attitude. I know, New Year, be better and so on. But respect and clients are earned. By hard work. And reciprocity.
As long as you go in someone's house and start questioning without even saying hi only shows lack of respect. And this kind of attitude only reflects in your daily interactions.

As I said before is by hard work. And perseverance. And promotion. And not selling yourself like a cheap wh...e.
Take a piece of paper and write down:
- This is what I am.
- This is what I know.
- This is what I want.
- This is my value.
- This is how I achieve my goals.

Then complete the list with actual answers. Then work hard again and make yourself known. Bid. Expose your work. Do a video or two about how you do stuff. Promote them. Go to sleep and rest. Wake up and do it again.

Edit: these things aren't achieved over night. It could take days, weeks. Don't despair. Just do your routine every day. And you'll see results. Back in the days when rentacoder was born took me 20 days to actually be awarded with my first project. But that one became a long term relationship and from there other projects were taken.

Good luck!
I just wish I had a friend like you in real life. thank you for sharing this :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock