• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Major Proposed Changes (input required!)

Your vote on how Babiato should continue forward:

• With Ads (some of which may be quite intrusive)

Votes: 138 56.8%
  • With Monthly Milestone Donations (no Ads + benefits)

Votes: 105 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well some are standing on their soapbox, because that is the world we live, but the reality is that not everyone can afford a monthly, but they do give back to the community, whatever they can.

I myself don't know if I could afford a monthly subscription, but I have been one that has paid more than my fair share in group buy's, added resources that I have available, provided labor to help others here.

So take judgement out of the equation, focusing on the problem helps none, the solutions that fit the entire community & keeps the platform moving forward, should be the only goal.

Well, if you ask all babiato's members all of them says "Yes we would like to use babiato for free" but reality says that it's could not to sustain babiato's life without any income. So why I suggested "membership" because "donate" can not be necessary. And as you know that we (myself personally) contribute to babiato with sharing my resources, knowledge and helping someone without fee BUT none of them will be meaningless if babiato shut down due to "insufficient fund"

It is better to implement a standardized system
And not depend directly on human wills

China would not be what it is today if important
measures had not been "applied without asking"

If citizens had been asked, perhaps many would
not have participated or chosen other options

China is what it is today because of strategic decisions
this argument does not make any sense at all
Chinese citizen can't choose, members do have o choice

• Haha
Reactions: GambitSteel
These ads that pop-up with a modal distrupting me are already annoying me and offers the lowest form of user experience. People will simply leave. 99% of this forum are leechers, make them pay for access or upload their own content.

I've already stopped uploading a load of resources I've purchased because I then get spammed constantly with requests for updates because leechers can't wait and I just think, what is the point in bothering?

Reactions: DaV1nc1
Sadly, you can't please everyone. it's unfortunate that you've become the target of naysayers, but remember, "The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on."

These ads that pop-up with a modal distrupting me are already annoying me and offers the lowest form of user experience. People will simply leave. 99% of this forum are leechers, make them pay for access or upload their own content.

I've already stopped uploading a load of resources I've purchased because I then get spammed constantly with requests for updates because leechers can't wait and I just think, what is the point in bothering?
are you a leecher?? Just asking

Hello,
I am going to speak based on my opinion and what I have seen as a member and moderator. Don't take me wrong; I respect everyone's opinions and votes. I've been with Babiato since it started, and it's been and is still one of the best forums out there with legit scripts, themes, and plugins ranging from thousands of dollars to just for free. A lot of users benefit from this; most of us have built our businesses, stores, or blogs on this forum and are making money from the free resources members provide. Which I also saw in other forums: selling our own resources, then having the guts to ask for updates, and so on.

My suggestion will be to implement a low monthly membership with no ads, whether they like it or not. We all depend on Babiato, and if we can't afford to pay the server fee, we all lose. Leechers are going to cringe and complain, but the real ones will stay and help Babiato stay active. I have 43 resources that I keep adding, which I bought with my own personal money to share with the community, and I have gained no benefit from them other than receiving a reaction score and seeing members happy that they are getting the expensive script, theme, or plugin for free. Intrusive ads won't help. 80% of the members will have adblock enabled, and Babiato's ranking will start to decline once it starts getting blacklisted in search engines, and so on, since it's going to be marked as malware, spam, virus, et cetera.

This is my opinion. I respect everyone's suggestions.

Thanks,

It would be nice if those who help with purchased resources have a kind of discount on a monthly fee for the month and without ads. Those who don't help with resources can choose between paying a monthly fee or accessing with intrusive ads.

I have in mind that as mentioned before by GambitSteel, charging users $1 per month would already be a relevant amount. Then you could charge everyone who doesn't want to see ads $1 a month. Those who do not want to pay, see intrusive ads.

Last edited:
Sadly, you can't please everyone. it's unfortunate that you've become the target of naysayers, but remember, "The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on."

Great phrase

Hello,
I am going to speak based on my opinion and what I have seen as a member and moderator. Don't take me wrong; I respect everyone's opinions and votes. I've been with Babiato since it started, and it's been and is still one of the best forums out there with legit scripts, themes, and plugins ranging from thousands of dollars to just for free. A lot of users benefit from this; most of us have built our businesses, stores, or blogs on this forum and are making money from the free resources members provide. Which I also saw in other forums: selling our own resources, then having the guts to ask for updates, and so on.

My suggestion will be to implement a low monthly membership with no ads, whether they like it or not. We all depend on Babiato, and if we can't afford to pay the server fee, we all lose. Leechers are going to cringe and complain, but the real ones will stay and help Babiato stay active. I have 43 resources that I keep adding, which I bought with my own personal money to share with the community, and I have gained no benefit from them other than receiving a reaction score and seeing members happy that they are getting the expensive script, theme, or plugin for free. Intrusive ads won't help. 80% of the members will have adblock enabled, and Babiato's ranking will start to decline once it starts getting blacklisted in search engines, and so on, since it's going to be marked as malware, spam, virus, et cetera.

This is my opinion. I respect everyone's suggestions.

Thanks,

Great opinion, good perspective
I don't know if you are a man or a woman
But you have a good focus

I agree that for monthly donations, exceptions should be made for those with continually updated resources; their donations should be cheaper or free if they have resources up to a certain amount.

This is an interesting point

The value of this forum is the resources
There are users because there are resources

Money goes to keep it running
But the real fuel is resources

Reactions: DatDudeUpStairs
Explanatory Note:

Reading through all the posts I can see there is some confusion about what Monthly Milestone Donation actually means.

What you need to know is that Babiato is and will remain free at least for resources we own licenses for and for resources our community members are willing to share freely for everyone.

I am sorry, in my mind it was all was perfectly explained, but I didn't realize that you can't actually read my mind. And believe me, the mind of @TassieNZ can be a jumble!!! :)

So here it is: Monthly Milestone Donation's actually means a monthly goal that we strive to achieve from donations.

The Donation amount levels will remain the same (presets from $5 to $200 or custom amount).

Example:
We need to reach a minimum of $1000 / month in income to support all Babiato infrastructure, although it would be nice to actually make some sort of profit! :)

Total donation amount will reset monthly.

If we reach monthly goal, then a % of whatever it's over the monthly target will go to a new scripts fund, from where we will buy new licenses for scripts to be shared. :)

Everyone is free to contribute whatever amount affords either is $5 or $100.

It is not mandatory to donate but here comes the advantages of a Donation:
- special badge
- ads free
- access to some closed sub-forums like Decoding
- increased download limits per day
- access to some perks that are to be established

I just hope I cleared some confusion with this! As always, if you have questions, just ask!

TassieNZ :)

Explanatory Note:

Reading through all the posts I can see there is some confusion about what Monthly Milestone Donation actually means.

What you need to know is that Babiato is and will remain free at least for resources we own licenses for and for resources our community members are willing to share freely for everyone.

I am sorry, in my mind it was all was perfectly explained, but I didn't realize that you can't actually read my mind. And believe me, the mind of @TassieNZ can be a jumble!!! :)

So here it is: Monthly Milestone Donation's actually means a monthly goal that we strive to achieve from donations.

The Donation amount levels will remain the same (presets from $5 to $200 or custom amount).

Example:
We need to reach a minimum of $1000 / month in income to support all Babiato infrastructure, although it would be nice to actually make some sort of profit! :)

Total donation amount will reset monthly.

If we reach monthly goal, then a % of whatever it's over the monthly target will go to a new scripts fund, from where we will buy new licenses for scripts to be shared. :)

Everyone is free to contribute whatever amount affords either is $5 or $100.

It is not mandatory to donate but here comes the advantages of a Donation:
- special badge
- ads free
- access to some closed sub-forums like Decoding
- increased download limits per day
- access to some perks that are to be established

I just hope I cleared some confusion with this! As always, if you have questions, just ask!

TassieNZ :)

Sounds good, now everything is clearer
But be carefull with the "voluntary" part

People of good will will donate 1, 2 or 3 times
But it won't forever

So when those who do contribute no longer donate
Who else will? If the "voluntariness" ends

According to my calcs
With a non-voluntary donation

With 1.20 USD donation per user of the 150K
You will get to keep Babiato for 10 years

Montly only need the donation of 1.25K users
You will get 1500 USD each month
1000 for Maintenance & 500 for you/team

The selection of the 1250 users
Can randomly generated by ID
Do this every month, it will work

Reactions: itsM
Sounds good, now everything is clearer
But be carefull with the "voluntary" part

People of good will will donate 1, 2 or 3 times
But it won't forever

So when those who do contribute no longer donate
Who else will? If the "voluntariness" ends
Maybe think of donations as sort of like buying a VIP membership with only difference there is no imposed amount for membership. All benefits will also reset 1 month after last donation made.
Of course benefits will be direct proportional with donation amount as I might not find it fair for one that donated $5 to have same benefits with one that donated $50 or $100.

Keep in mind that this is a work in progress, so we appreciate any and all comments. :)

Maybe think of donations as sort of like buying a VIP membership with only difference there is no imposed amount for membership. All benefits will also reset 1 month after last donation made.
Of course benefits will be direct proportional with donation amount as I might not find it fair for one that donated $5 to have same benefits with one that donated $50 or $100.

Keep in mind that this is a work in progress, so we appreciate any and all comments. :)

Sounds good, you're right
This is something alive

And living things are constantly
movement and transformation

• Love
Reactions: TassieNZ
Sounds good, you're right
This is something alive

And living things are constantly
movement and transformation
Interesting to note that although we supposedly have so many members, so far only 79 have voted!

I honestly thought that more would want their "say"!!! :) :)

Reactions: Saint Gabriel
Interesting to note that although we supposedly have so many members, so far only 79 have voted!

I honestly thought that more would want their "say"!!! :) :)

Exactly, that's because not everyone is interested in what happens

Most of them only care that the "Download" button works 😂

That is a sign about the reliability of the human "will"

Exactly, that's because not everyone is interested in what happens

Most of them only care that the "Download" button works 😂

That is a sign about the reliability of the human "will"
Pretty sad really. Some have always said they want their "say", but when given the opportunity ...................!!! :cool:

Pretty sad really. Some have always said they want their "say", but when given the opportunity ...................!!! :cool:

You know, it's easier to be a victim
Thinking and suggest options with logic and sense
Involves an effort and not all are willing

I stay active in this thread because i know this part
I already had a forum and went through the same thing
Think of options to monetize and maintain it

• Love
Reactions: TassieNZ
I believe the monthly donation options are a good way to go. Those that do not donate should have restricted access to the website.
But please make the amounts cheap (e.g. the $1.2) as mentioned so that access is not totally cut off from those that do not actually have a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock