• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Noob alert - Help for speeding up Wordpress website

alexdefort

May 3, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am a solo entrepreneur, not specialized in web developpement, so consider me a noob in this domain.
I develop an apparel brand made in Paris called Kanten.

The website is located at kanten.fr/

I created the webiste my self and tried to make it look as good as possible.
Problem is that I find the website to be a bit slow, even after trying to optimise via Litespeed, using modern image formats like avif..

I try to check on pagespeed what is slowing down the website but i have to admit that it is quite obscure..

Anyone would be so kind to help me ?
I can offer some piece of clothing in exchange ;)

Cheers webmasters

Hello everyone,

I am a solo entrepreneur, not specialized in web developpement, so consider me a noob in this domain.
I develop an apparel brand made in Paris called Kanten.

The website is located at kanten.fr/

I created the webiste my self and tried to make it look as good as possible.
Problem is that I find the website to be a bit slow, even after trying to optimise via Litespeed, using modern image formats like avif..

I try to check on pagespeed what is slowing down the website but i have to admit that it is quite obscure..

Anyone would be so kind to help me ?
I can offer some piece of clothing in exchange ;)

Cheers webmasters
Providing more information will be helpful, like your hosting specs, themes, plugins, and so on. The more information you have, the better help you will get.

I see that you are using Cloudflare, but it is not setup properly, as you can see, and it is not being hit.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.05.24 PM.png

You have a lot of Javascript loading first on your website; try to delay it.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.04.55 PM.png

this Imagen alone just takes 1.81sec try compressing them or lazy load the imagen

https://www.kanten.fr/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/2K4A4569-768x960.webp

This video takes 6.81sec and its on your main page

https://www.kanten.fr/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Morphing-1080-1-conv.m4v

Again this is just base on a scan you can see all the issue you can find but try providing more information we might give you more suggestion.

thank you for your first insights.

I am using O2Switch, a french provider with basic plan.

Theme is Shoptimizer last version.
As a builder I use Elementor pro from this forum with latest version.
Caching plugin is Litespeed with advanced preset.
I see that JS is set up as delayed but I figure I should add more details for delayed elements (not sure which ones and how though)
I use quite a lot of plugin, should list all of them here ?
Concerning cloudflare I attach a screenshot of the config I use below

I originally inteded to use Quic.cloud CDN with the litespeed cache but I couldn't manage to set it up properly..
1711702351919.png

This is how it looks on the dashboard

I could provide login to the different dashboards if you are willing to help, as I said, can offer a small retribution for the work provided (still happy to learn how it can be fixed for later prupose)

thanks you for help !

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for your first insights.

I am using O2Switch, a french provider with basic plan.

Theme is Shoptimizer last version.
As a builder I use Elementor pro from this forum with latest version.
Caching plugin is Litespeed with advanced preset.
I see that JS is set up as delayed but I figure I should add more details for delayed elements (not sure which ones and how though)
I use quite a lot of plugin, should list all of them here ?
Concerning cloudflare I attach a screenshot of the config I use below
View attachment 250030

I originally inteded to use Quic.cloud CDN with the litespeed cache but I couldn't manage to set it up properly..
1711702351919.png

This is how it looks on the dashboard

I could provide login to the different dashboards if you are willing to help, as I said, can offer a small retribution for the work provided (still happy to learn how it can be fixed for later prupose)

thanks you for help !
you should host video directly to your website you can use 3rd party hosting to show video simply google it and you will find better way to show video in website also use lazyload to show other images. i would suggest if litespeed is not necessary try to use wprocket and try different options to tune your website. also if you just tuneup your website then give it time to cache properly sometime its take 24 hourto 48 hour

Providing more information will be helpful, like your hosting specs, themes, plugins, and so on. The more information you have, the better help you will get.

I see that you are using Cloudflare, but it is not setup properly, as you can see, and it is not being hit.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.05.24 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.04.55 PM.png

this Imagen alone just takes 1.81sec try compressing them or lazy load the imagen

https://www.kanten.fr/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/2K4A4569-768x960.webp

This video takes 6.81sec and its on your main page

https://www.kanten.fr/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Morphing-1080-1-conv.m4v

Again this is just base on a scan you can see all the issue you can find but try providing more information we might give you more suggestion.
Hi @Tuton, I was thinking about Cloudflare earlier this week, and I saw your post/reply mention it. I would like to ask you these noob questions, and if you have spare time to answer them, then it'll be awesome:
1. How do I set it properly? Are there any good tutorials you can suggest?
2. How do I delay Javascript loading? Are there any good tutorials you can suggest?

3. Does a Cloudflare free plan do as well as a paid plan? It seems like an obvious answer, but I'd like to hear it from the experts themselves:).

4. What tool are you using to scan it and come up with those results?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer:).

If you want to try experimenting, try installing Phastpress and WP Super Cache. It offer some features to speed-up your web. but you have to pay attention to the cache function, especially for dynamic pages.

Also, you can use free CDN like imagekit.io for your images & videos.

you should host video directly to your website you can use 3rd party hosting to show video simply google it and you will find better way to show video in website also use lazyload to show other images. i would suggest if litespeed is not necessary try to use wprocket and try different options to tune your website. also if you just tuneup your website then give it time to cache properly sometime its take 24 hourto 48 hour
The videos are already hosted on the website and compressed. I use autoplay and loop features because they are very shorts videos to showcase product functions.

I tried Wprocket before and it gave me worst results than litespeed..
Thanks for the tips !

The videos are already hosted on the website and compressed. I use autoplay and loop features because they are very shorts videos to showcase product functions.

I tried Wprocket before and it gave me worst results than litespeed..
Thanks for the tips !
it doesnt matter if video is hosted before as you tune in with litespeed it will give you different output for each aspect you its always better to check single setting. what i do i change 1 by 1 each setting and check my speed and if anything broke my site this way i can determine if i need to enable any setting from litespeed or not so this way you know where your site need to be fix. i just check ur website in gtmetrix and its seems like more issue with your server thn wordpress if you sure your server can handle your site just do more tuneup in litespeed and check it also i have notice that your fevicon took 2s for load to please check issue with fevicon.
if nothing works do backup your website and use image compression plugin to check if you can achieve better result

it doesnt matter if video is hosted before as you tune in with litespeed it will give you different output for each aspect you its always better to check single setting. what i do i change 1 by 1 each setting and check my speed and if anything broke my site this way i can determine if i need to enable any setting from litespeed or not so this way you know where your site need to be fix. i just check ur website in gtmetrix and its seems like more issue with your server thn wordpress if you sure your server can handle your site just do more tuneup in litespeed and check it also i have notice that your fevicon took 2s for load to please check issue with fevicon.
if nothing works do backup your website and use image compression plugin to check if you can achieve better result
ok i will check on provider settings as well.
Concerning favicon this is quite long ! let me double check if I can sort this out

I already use plugin for image compression so no improvements here

Hi @Tuton, I was thinking about Cloudflare earlier this week, and I saw your post/reply mention it. I would like to ask you these noob questions, and if you have spare time to answer them, then it'll be awesome:

1. How do I set it properly? Are there any good tutorials you can suggest?

2. How do I delay Javascript loading? Are there any good tutorials you can suggest?

3. Does a Cloudflare free plan do as well as a paid plan? It seems like an obvious answer, but I'd like to hear it from the experts themselves:).

4. What tool are you using to scan it and come up with those results?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer:).
1. its always to try with own tuning every website have different type and need different setting so many other's setting wont work for you so just play around all setting
2. there are so many plugins to do so you can google it or youtube it.
3. yes cloudflare have freeplan
4. gtmetrix and googlepageinsight

Reactions: ZenitO
Is a free plan good enough to use, or is it always better to go with a paid one? Thanks
for initial yes its good to make your website visible once you start getting good traffic on website you can consider paid plan i use cloudflare free plance since ages and works like charm

Reactions: ZenitO
It seems to me that a large number of plugins and elementator is too heavy for your current hosting plan, preferably change your hosting provider and properly configure quic cloud to take full advantage of litespeed.... in addition, using advanced settings for js files may require more work than just clicking on it :)

It seems to me that a large number of plugins and elementator is too heavy for your current hosting plan, preferably change your hosting provider and properly configure quic cloud to take full advantage of litespeed.... in addition, using advanced settings for js files may require more work than just clicking on it :)
agree with you its more like he using shared hosting for ecom site

Reactions: alexdefort
Great website!
As already mentioned, you have to change your hosting; I'd suggest HF Vultr or OVH as they have servers in France.
I'd also suggest to drop Elementor for Breakdance or Bricks; or to go the shopify route.

Reactions: alexdefort
I do use shared hosting, should I get an upgrade ?
I agree that there are lots of plugins but I do need most of them
(there are many double plugins i could remove like for image compression ect)
Shopify is way too expensive ;)
I think a deep dive into the plugins used would be a better route.
I'll look into the other builders you mention like bricks and see if it's better
Thank you

I do use shared hosting, should I get an upgrade ?
I agree that there are lots of plugins but I do need most of them
(there are many double plugins i could remove like for image compression ect)
Shopify is way too expensive ;)
I think a deep dive into the plugins used would be a better route.
I'll look into the other builders you mention like bricks and see if it's better
Thank you
imo just upgrade better hosting i believe @Simbaa offer hosting service you may try his hosting for initial starting if you see its worth you can upgrade as you scale or you just can switch your hosting provider

• Love
Reactions: Simbaa
@ZenitO Regarding your question and for does who are wondering to ask.

How do I set up Cloudflare properly?

This all depends on what type of site you have, as different settings apply. For example, on a static site, which is just an information site, you can apply a cache to everything rules, and so on. On an e-commerce site, you might want to do a different setting due to the fact that you have more code involved, such as checkout, cart, products, and so on. You don't want to cache does parts of the site, but you can find common rules out there that you can use to speed up your site with Cloudflare.

What is Cloudflare?

Here's a guide for rules for extra security:

https://www.verdanttcs.com/kb/cloudflare-firewall-rules-for-securing-wordpress-websites/

Here's a guide for cache and other extra rules:

https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/cloudflare-page-rules

Does Cloudflare offer a free or paid plan?

The answer is yes, there is no need to use the paid plan unless you use tons of rules or have massive traffic. The free plan is enough to get the job done as long as you have it setup properly.

What do I use to scan websites and get the most out of them?

A lot of people use GTmetric, but they have limited their free plan, and you need to do a lot of testing if you want to get it right. In my case, I use SpeedVital. They offer 75 free credits every week for log-in users. Each credit is a scan, so you will have 75 scans every week, which is good to get the most out of your website.

Now why SpeedVital?

They offer a very useful tool that will save you time, which is called Experiments. Here, you will be able to optimize the site without ever touching your code and block, delay, or defer scripts. All from there, this won't affect your website as this is an experiment scan that will give you the result with things deactivate.

You can also use Waterfall to see what's causing the loading issue.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.35.25 AM.png

Always try linking your site with a Cloudflare plugin. For any changes made to your website, you will be able to purge them from admin. Here are some useful plugins for Cloudflare.

App for Cloudflare (Recommended) is a free plugin but offers paid pro for extra settings unlock

Super Page Cache for Cloudflare ( 100% free)

Stay away from this one, even though it was created by a Cloudflare developer. 👇

Cloudflare

Hopefully this helps everyone, but remember that everything depends on hosting, themes, plugins, and so on. All sites are different.

Here is a glimpse of some sites I have optimized in the past with the same settings and tools.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 9.57.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 4.53.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 7.48.02 AM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 9.56.04 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 9.56.04 PM.png
    322.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
@ZenitO Regarding your question and for does who are wondering to ask.

How do I set up Cloudflare properly?

This all depends on what type of site you have, as different settings apply. For example, on a static site, which is just an information site, you can apply a cache to everything rules, and so on. On an e-commerce site, you might want to do a different setting due to the fact that you have more code involved, such as checkout, cart, products, and so on. You don't want to cache does parts of the site, but you can find common rules out there that you can use to speed up your site with Cloudflare.

What is Cloudflare?

Here's a guide for rules for extra security:

https://www.verdanttcs.com/kb/cloudflare-firewall-rules-for-securing-wordpress-websites/

Here's a guide for cache and other extra rules:

https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/cloudflare-page-rules

Does Cloudflare offer a free or paid plan?

The answer is yes, there is no need to use the paid plan unless you use tons of rules or have massive traffic. The free plan is enough to get the job done as long as you have it setup properly.

What do I use to scan websites and get the most out of them?

A lot of people use GTmetric, but they have limited their free plan, and you need to do a lot of testing if you want to get it right. In my case, I use SpeedVital. They offer 75 free credits every week for log-in users. Each credit is a scan, so you will have 75 scans every week, which is good to get the most out of your website.

Now why SpeedVital?

They offer a very useful tool that will save you time, which is called Experiments. Here, you will be able to optimize the site without ever touching your code and block, delay, or defer scripts. All from there, this won't affect your website as this is an experiment scan that will give you the result with things deactivate.

You can also use Waterfall to see what's causing the loading issue.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.35.25 AM.png

Always try linking your site with a Cloudflare plugin. For any changes made to your website, you will be able to purge them from admin. Here are some useful plugins for Cloudflare.

App for Cloudflare (Recommended) is a free plugin but offers paid pro for extra settings unlock

Super Page Cache for Cloudflare ( 100% free)

Stay away from this one, even though it was created by a Cloudflare developer.

Cloudflare

Hopefully this helps everyone, but remember that everything depends on hosting, themes, plugins, and so on. All sites are different.

Here is a glimpse of some sites I have optimized in the past with the same settings and tools.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 9.57.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 4.53.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 7.48.02 AM.png
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I really appreciate it, and I hope that I can take advantage of it 🙏 :love:.

Reactions: Maulik882 and Tuton
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock