• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

The ugly truth about nulled themes/plugins/scripts

slvrsteele

Mr. G(rumpy)
Staff member
Null Master
Babiato Lover
Trusted Uploader
Nov 5, 2019
CDN
As the title says this is the Ugly truth about nulled themes/plugins/scripts or what greedy developers hide from you.

We all hear or read that nulled scripts are full of viruses, backdoors and so on. Here's a quote from a plugin developer
the software contains malware that can damage your website, steal your identity or worse.
without even mentioning that in most of the cases that malware is added by developers themselves.

Apparently fear of viruses and backdoors infiltrated so deep in everyone's mind that nulled is always associated with virus.
SO WRONG!!

What "nulled" actually mean?

Nulled mean equaled with null, zeroed and it refers to communication mechanism between the script and licensing server being zeroed or removed.

Why is it necessary?
Developers want to control the spread of their scripts and make sure no one uses it without paying. Pretty hard task though. So they come with protection mechanism like licensing, auto-deletion, auto-removal and even backdoors that allows them access to sites that they consider having installed their scripts without a license.
While licensing mechanism is relatively inoffensive the others are even worse than hackers trying to access your site. Why? Because of the following 2 reasons:
1 - they don't respect you as future clients and your privacy. I personally wouldn't want to deal with a dev that included a backdoor in his script.
2 - they open holes for hackers for easier access to your server. Developers never thought of that, they only think they can control from distance and all solved. But basically they expose you and their clients to easy hacking.

So why is necessary? Because you want to fully try all the aspects of the script before you put your money on it and without being forced to buy a license and then go trough a painful process of asking for refund. Try before you actually buy.

I often hear this question: "Is it safe to use it on live server?"
Answer does not belong to yes/no group. It depends. It depends on how evil is the developer and how much he wants to hurt so called infringers that didn't buy his script officially.
There are scripts that can be used safely on live servers after nulling. With remote calls to dev server removed they don't have another way of communication.
There are scripts that cannot be used on live servers. Those are the scripts that contains hidden by their own developers tools of remote control.
NO NULLER will thoroughly check an entire script to discover hidden eggs. They will only null communication and that's all. If the communication is 2 way it can be easily discovered and removed so the remote control tools are made useless. If there's also 1 way com from dev to your site hidden somewhere in the code that usually goes unnoticed and it won't be removed.

Well, I cannot post this thread without admitting that there are malevolent third parties that intentionally alter developer's scripts to include above mentioned tools of control.
But here at Babiato we are doing our best to keep everyone safe from third party inclusions. We cannot check thoroughly every script provided but our nulling team is a very responsible one with priority to security of the scripts and our members.
Although we do not endorse the use of nulled scripts on production servers we do encourage "try before you buy" ideology. Why? Because we have seen so many cases of greedy developers that praised their scripts and after they were bought and verified that they don't do what was promoted developers refused to refund.
If you ever download from Babiato a script containing third party remote control code that doesn't appear in original script from developer site please do announce us ASAP so we can eliminate the threat and disrespectful user from our community.

Long story short:
Q: are nulled scripts safe for use?
A: 90% yes but for many It depends from where they were taken of. For others it depends if the developer intentionally added and hide (encoded or not) tools of remote control in his original script.

Bottom line: It is your choice of using nulled scripts or not. We do strongly recommend you that if you like a nulled script you tested and was fit for your needs to buy a legal license from developer to help him/them with future development of the script.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point.
Most of people thought "nulled" equal with "infected" because before "babiato" most of websites which has released "nulled" scripts within "backdoor".

I personally aggree with you because if there have a "checkpoint" so everyone can use this hole.

As the title says this is the Ugly truth about nulled themes/plugins/scripts or what greedy developers hide from you.

We all hear or read that nulled scripts are full of viruses, backdoors and so on. Here's a quote from a plugin developer

without even mentioning that in most of the cases that malware is added by developers themselves.

Apparently fear of viruses and backdoors infiltrated so deep in everyone's mind that nulled is always associated with virus.
SO WRONG!!

Nulled mean equaled with null, zeroed and it refers to communication mechanism between the script and licensing server being zeroed or removed.

Why is it necessary?
Developers want to control the spread of their scripts and make sure no one uses it without paying. Pretty hard task though. So they come with protection mechanism like licensing, auto-deletion, auto-removal and even backdoors that allows them access to sites that they consider having installed their scripts without a license.
While licensing mechanism is relatively inoffensive the others are even worse than hackers trying to access your site. Why? Because of the following 2 reasons:
1 - they don't respect you as future clients and your privacy. I personally wouldn't want to deal with a dev that included a backdoor in his script.
2 - they open holes for hackers for easier access to your server. Developers never thought of that, they only think they can control from distance and all solved. But basically they expose you and their clients to easy hacking.

So why is necessary? Because you want to fully try all the aspects of the script before you put your money on it and without being forced to buy a license and then go trough a painful process of asking for refund. Try before you actually buy.

Answer does not belong to yes/no group. It depends. It depends on how evil is the developer and how much he wants to hurt so called infringers that didn't buy his script officially.
There are scripts that can be used safely on live servers after nulling. With remote calls to dev server removed they don't have another way of communication.
There are scripts that cannot be used on live servers. Those are the scripts that contains hidden by their own developers tools of remote control.
NO NULLER will thoroughly check an entire script to discover hidden eggs. They will only null communication and that's all. If the communication is 2 way it can be easily discovered and removed so the remote control tools are made useless. If there's also 1 way com from dev to your site hidden somewhere in the code that usually goes unnoticed and it won't be removed.

Well, I cannot post this thread without admitting that there are malevolent third parties that intentionally alter developer's scripts to include above mentioned tools of control.
But here at Babiato we are doing our best to keep everyone safe from third party inclusions. We cannot check thoroughly evert script provided but our nulling team is a very responsible one with priority to security of the scripts and our members.
Although we do not endorse the use of nulled scripts on production servers we do encourage "try before you buy" ideology. Why? Because we have seen so many cases of greedy developers that praised their scripts and after they were bought and verified that they don't do what was promoted developers refused to refund.
If you ever download from Babiato a script containing third party remote control code that doesn't appear in original script from developer site please do announce us ASAP so we can eliminate the threat and disrespectful user from our community.

Long story short:
A: 90% yes but for many It depends from where they were taken of. For others it depends if the developer intentionally added and hide (encoded or not) tools of remote control in his original script.

Bottom line: It is your choice of using nulled scripts or not. We do strongly recommend you that if you like a nulled script you tested and was fit for your needs to buy a legal license from developer to help him/them with future development of the script.
Very good and extremely well thought out post. Awesome job! :love:

It is also worth mentioning that some Developers are very devious (as you know)!!! There are several now that have gone to the extremes of hiding the purchasers information in Image EXIF data. If not cleaned the person looses their account very quickly, without knowing WHY!. :ROFLMAO: (Big Hi from TassieNZ to the PeepSo Developers!!!) :cool::cool::cool:

Very well explained....

"But here at Babiato we are doing our best to keep everyone safe from third party inclusions. We cannot check thoroughly evert script provided but our nulling team is a very responsible one with priority to security of the scripts and our members."
Love that statement, kudos to the whole nulling team for dedicating their time in contributing to the babiato community and to mods and admins as well...keep it up..Cheers!

Reactions: Auwal

SO WRONG!!

Why is it necessary?

But here at Babiato we are doing our best to keep everyone safe from third party inclusions. We cannot check thoroughly every script provided but our nulling team is a very responsible one with priority to security of the scripts and our members.

Long story short:

Would you say nulled scripts from Babiato Nulled masters/mods/admins are 99.99% safe ?

Very good informative post. I see a lot of people associate the word "nulled" with "virus".

babiato is best and only my home site for searching nulling sharing everything we have

Very true and very good post @slvrsteele , people have implemented this in their heads ( NULLED = VIRUS/BACKDOORS ), because many sites that offered FREE NULLED, actually hid malicious codes in scripts.
For now, I'm using some scripts from here and I haven't encountered any problems, we'll see along the way.

A small mention, I reported in posts some scripts that contained malicious codes, nothing happened yet. I think I received some answers like: "The script is untouched directly from the developer." Ok, I understood the phase, but these scripts should be removed from here, as @slvrsteele also said, there are developers who respect their customers and there are also predators...

Anyway... all warez/nulled stuff must consider to be "unsafe" for production. If you are testing - OK, but if you run example an a commerce in ac real, production environment....NO NO NO. You can't afford it to have stolen sensitive info from your website.

I testing a lot of new stuff for free, thanks to this forum. But, when I will go online - I have no choice, then to by a untouched version of this or plugin from a creator/developer.

So, my morale to this: have this, but with grain of salt :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scartel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock