• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

Way off topic - Anyone have a win 7 recovery disc that I can burn to USB?

tugster

Oct 23, 2018
canada
I can't find one to download and I don't have the patience or time to read and get the files together, etc.

I can't find one to download and I don't have the patience or time to read and get the files together, etc.
sry bro i cant undrestand
recovery disc :D? explain more

Last edited:
Hopefully x86 SP1 will be ok for you ...
(Windows 7 SP1 have option to boot and in PowereShell console to attempt to repair broken/missed bootloader or to check hard drives and such)

Latest BartPE
YUMI ISO to Flash drive
Hirenboot CD (that's option too)
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x86) EN - Latest Untouched 6.1.7601
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64) EN - Latest Untouched 6.1.7601 (Uploading)
Windows 7 Bootloader/License Loader by DAZ
10-15 minutes more to upload X86 Ultimate SP1 edition
Thanks, will give this a whirl.

sry bro i cant undrestand
recovery disc :D? explain more
I was given HD that had win 7, when trying to either start or boot to Usb, it says disc error, try win 7 recovery disc, now that I'vehad some sleep, lots of things I could have tried.

@tugster

If you haven't solved your issue I can probably help if you give me a bit more information.

Are you trying to recover the existing installation or are you wanting to do a clean install? Are you wanting 32bit or 64bit?

However, just seen you can't boot to USB. How are you going to install or run anything?

Have you checked to see if System Recovery Options are installed?
Start the computer. As soon as your computer stars, press the F8 key repeatedly. When the Advanced Boot Options menu appears, check if you have a Repair your computer option listed.

If it is, let me know and I'll run you through the next steps.

TassieNZ :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Babak and tugster
I hadn't tried that but I will when I get home..been a long time since I've done this, forgot a lot of it.

@tugster

If you haven't solved your issue I can probably help if you give me a bit more information.

Are you trying to recover the existing installation or are you wanting to do a clean install? Are you wanting 32bit or 64bit?

However, just seen you can't boot to USB. How are you going to install or run anything?

Have you checked to see if System Recovery Options are installed?
Start the computer. As soon as your computer stars, press the F8 key repeatedly. When the Advanced Boot Options menu appears, check if you have a Repair your computer option listed.

If it is, let me know and I'll run you through the next steps.

I actually wanted to do a clean install, so was surprised when the usb didn't go right into the install, instead it gave that msg about disk needing repairs. guess I could jut use something else and wipe the disc. I have so many pcs and laptops I'm screwing around with that I'm getting myself confused...Obviously not much of a tech person lol

@tugster

The hard drive itself obviously has issues. See if you have System Recovery Options installed on the existing installation. If so, we can try and fix them first. Then you will be able to do a clean install.

If you do have it ...

Click on Command Prompt. You may need to enter Admin password. Then type in the following and press Enter.
Code:
chkdsk c: /r

Last edited:
For clean install:

1. Make bootable flash drive with YUMI with HirenCD
  2. Select Windows Powershell
  3. Type fdisk /mbr - clean master boot record from any crap
  4. Reboot same flash drive (if you are using YUMI), select Windows 7/10 and install it.
  5. NOTE: Some systems requires UEFI boot, so use Development version of YUMI

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock