• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

What's your choice of software to run wordpress locally?

3Lions

May 7, 2020
Hiya everyone. I was wondering what your choice of software is to run wordpress locally. I used to use Wamp but thought I would try something else for a change. I tried Flywheel local but was slow as hell. I've read that Laragon is supposed to be good but yet to try.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: bigmacgw1
Hiya everyone. I was wondering what your choice of software is to run wordpress locally. I used to use Wamp but thought I would try something else for a change. I tried Flywheel local but was slow as hell. I've read that Laragon is supposed to be good but yet to try.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated (y)
Hi.

Ever since I started learning WP, I tried my hands at multiple SWs, but ultimately came to "Local by Flywheel" You can find it here: https://localwp.com

It is very user-friendly and doesn't require you to make multiple decisions, except installing it like any normal SW.

I am very happy with it, personally

Hi.

Ever since I started learning WP, I tried my hands at multiple SWs, but ultimately came to "Local by Flywheel" You can find it here: https://localwp.com

It is very user-friendly and doesn't require you to make multiple decisions, except installing it like any normal SW.

I am very happy with it, personally
I gave that a try. I must admit that for ease of use it is great but I found it to be very slow.

Reactions: bytbt and Ballu

For me I personally use Laragon, because it has virtual host no need to setup if there is script Wich is use virtual to install it such as eBook Laravel Script 😊

For me I personally use Paragon, because it has virtual host no need to setup if there is script Wich is use virtual to install it such as eBook Laravel Script 😊
I take it you mean Laragon? I've watched a few youtube videos on that

I gave that a try. I must admit that for ease of use it is great but I found it to be very slow.
Being a WP noob, ease of use was the first selection criteria for me. Personally, I did not find the speed issue troubling me at all. Maybe when I have gathered enough experience and am short of time, I will try my hands at other SWs too. Till then, I am sticking with it :)

Reactions: 3Lions
Being a WP noob, ease of use was the first selection criteria for me. Personally, I did not find the speed issue troubling me at all. Maybe when I have gathered enough experience and am short of time, I will try my hands at other SWs too. Till then, I am sticking with it :)
Whatever you find is best for you buddy :)

Reactions: Ballu
I also had problems while running LocalWP, but i found out that it was because i was using PHP 8. If you are using it change it to 7.4 and see if the performance improves. Also try running either Apache or Nginx as they will give you different results.

I also had problems while running LocalWP, but i found out that it was because i was using PHP 8. If you are using it change it to 7.4 and see if the performance improves. Also try running either Apache or Nginx as they will give you different results.
I run it on both apache and nginx using both php 7.4. With apache I couldn't upload any plugins or themes it kept giving a 500 internal server error. On niginx it worked fine but i just found it really slow.

I run it on both apache and nginx using both php 7.4. With apache I couldn't upload any plugins or themes it kept giving a 500 internal server error. On niginx it worked fine but i just found it really slow.
Interestingly, I have never faced any issues in uploading any themes or plugins to date. Even the speed doesn't appear to be slow to me. The changes that I make are almost instant.

But then, I may be wrong as I may not have as much experience as you.

old me used to build websites using xampp lampp wampp
between the three xampp was the best

new me is using Laragon and honestly it's so much easier and well maintained than xampp or other softwares out there.

I personally use Flywheel local on my Mac and Desktop but never feels slow.
Maybe My Disk and Interner speed is too fast or I am the slow one who thinks myself very fast.

Reactions: 3Lions and Ballu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skn99
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock