• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

What's your choice of software to run wordpress locally?

MAMP for Windows. Free version does everything you'll need. Pro version has nicer interface, better functionality (and can be found in certain other forums with a bit of Googling!)

"MAMP is a free, local server environment that can be installed under macOS and Windows with just a few clicks. MAMP provides them with all the tools they need to run WordPress on their desktop PC for testing or development purposes, for example. You can even easily test your projects on mobile devices. It does not matter whether you prefer the web server Apache or Nginx in addition to MySQL as database server, or whether you want to work with PHP, Python, Perl or Ruby."

Source https://www.mamp.info/en/windows/

Reactions: 3Lions
Personally, I dislike installing WordPress in a local environment. I prefer to put up staging site on a real server so that I can access it from anywhere.

I used to use both xammp and laragon, xampp in my pc and laragon in my laptop. Both works fine.
But for the last 2 years I always use live server using subdomain for staging sites.
I found it more flexible to work with the actual server environment, faster deployment to production site by copying files then clone database and search replace for site url in database, or using updraft plus for easier migration.
Also it's easier for me if I want to check site's layout from my phone directly anywhere anytime.
Last important thing is, if I want to share the progress with clients, they can just go to the staging site url, no need to do a face 2 face meeting like I did years ago.

PS Sorry if this is too long.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions guys. I started having a play around with Laragon. So far so good, really impressed with it. I see a lot have said that localwp was fine for them, perhaps it was a configuration issue for me because I could only get Nginx to work and like I said that was slow but I have a decent computer and internet connection.

Hiya everyone. I was wondering what your choice of software is to run wordpress locally. I used to use Wamp but thought I would try something else for a change. I tried Flywheel local but was slow as hell. I've read that Laragon is supposed to be good but yet to try.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated (y)
Xamp

Hiya everyone. I was wondering what your choice of software is to run wordpress locally. I used to use Wamp but thought I would try something else for a change. I tried Flywheel local but was slow as hell. I've read that Laragon is supposed to be good but yet to try.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated (y)
I use mamp pro. Cross compatible, lots of features.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock