• You MUST read the Babiato Rules before making your first post otherwise you may get permanent warning points or a permanent Ban.

Our resources on Babiato Forum are CLEAN and SAFE. So you can use them for development and testing purposes. If your are on Windows and have an antivirus that alerts you about a possible infection: Know it's a false positive because all scripts are double checked by our experts. We advise you to add Babiato to trusted sites/sources or disable your antivirus momentarily while downloading a resource. "Enjoy your presence on Babiato"

What's your choice of software to run wordpress locally?

I started using LocalWP about a month ago and it does it's job. No problems with speed but perhaps I'll give Laragon a try in the near future.

I've also noticed that Laragon uses Ngrok for tunneling, when a user wants to share their local dev server to Laragon's public server. This could in theory open up your computer to attack.

if you've exposed your dev app running on your laptop to the internet, any exploit in your app now works against your laptop endpoint instead of a production endpoint. your laptop is a very different environment from production: there are probably different protections, firewalls, monitoring, etc in place. additionally, while your laptop (hopefully) doesn't have direct access to production databases, you probably have stuff lying around that you wouldn't want an attacker to get their hands on: sensitive work documents, your Chrome cookies just sitting in a sqlite database somewhere, source code for all the repositories you have checked out locally (not just the one app that has the exploit). I don't agree that "using ngrok is not a security risk". - https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14279142

Most people probably don't need to worry about this tho.

Reactions: Pixelate
Currently i'm using Local.. but reading from this forum comment i will try the laragon soon..

Used Local for quite some time.
But the loading time was worse than on hosting.
Made the switch to Laragon - now sporting mysql-8.0.29-winx64 & php-8.1.6-nts-Win32-vs16-x64
Was thinking about switching to maria db - but hell, won't trim more than a few milliseconds - I'm pleased now :)

I'm on a Mac, so my dev path went: Mac system ( had option to use mySQL / PHP natively but wasn't as easy to get running ) > MAMP > AMPPS ( because it didn't require a Pro version ) > Local

Now I'm wondering about Laragon, but I'm on a Mac and not sure if that's an issue for installation or not? I looked on the Laragon site but didn't find any systems requirements info yet.

Anyone use Laragon on a Mac?

I'm on a Mac, so my dev path went: Mac system ( had option to use mySQL / PHP natively but wasn't as easy to get running ) > MAMP > AMPPS ( because it didn't require a Pro version ) > Local

Now I'm wondering about Laragon, but I'm on a Mac and not sure if that's an issue for installation or not? I looked on the Laragon site but didn't find any systems requirements info yet.

Anyone use Laragon on a Mac?
Laragon not available for Mac
1655015202492.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

However in order to keep our huge array of resources free of charge we need to generate income from ads so to use the site you will need to turn off your adblocker.

If you'd like to have an ad free experience you can become a Babiato Lover by donating as little as $5 per month. Click on the Donate menu tab for more info.

I've Disabled AdBlock